Slooplayla.blogspot.com is pleased to present a new incarnation, the better to follow a new adventure from near or far.

In early November, our dear friends mister Kenneth B. and miss Darci D. boarded a plane (or three) bound for the Hawaiian Islands. Unable to handle the cold, they chose to get out of the freezer.

So, for an indefinite number of months, the duo will wait out the Pacific Northwest winter by pursuing and intertwining their respective passions of scuba diving and organic farming.

As the fingers endowed to format this page, I'm sure I type for all of us when I write that we wish Darc and Ken all things good and harmonious and warm, and that we eagerly await pictures and details of the fun.

The Next Chapter:

Thank you all for the comments on the posts so far. Each bit of encouragement is noted and greatly appreciated!

News, Updates, Notes

NEWS, UPDATES, NOTES

11/03/11
Safe arrival on Hawaii.


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I apologize for the wait on this post.  Over the last few weeks the internet connection has proven to be quite unreliable to say the least.  To the point that I have been forced unwillingly into what I consider internet rehab.  With my phone comfortably resting on the sea bed, for reasons I will not discuss, and no internet  signal to be found,  the social withdrawals from the world have been great.   What I am trying to say is the blog is not the only one suffering as a result.
In all honesty, the internet man could not have picked a better week to take off.  The holidays were quite busy for me with guests coming and going, and taking part in the holiday festivities.  St Barts was a swarming hub of super yachts and curse lines.  Some of the most beautiful and extravagant boats make there way from all over the world to this small island for Christmas.





The boat I was most excited to see was the leader of the fleet by far.  A boat I had read about and fallowed for years,  The Maltese Falcon.   At 281ft this $130 million dollar marvel holds the title as the largest sailboat in the world.

I have a link to the boat's web page and bio in the links section of the blog.  It is defiantly worth looking at.

    With the departure of our guest came a little free time for me and a chance to get off the boat. Sunday was our day off and the wrest of the crew were just as anxious to get off the boat as I was.  We discussed our mutual feelings and set our sights on one of the rock islands protruding  from the ocean surface about half a mile from the boat.  We filled a nap sack with all the essential for a day on a rock, beer, snorkel, and camera.
 

After scaling the rock walls to get to the top the only thing left to do was explore the bottom portion of the island.
During our exploration of the submerged half of the island we happened a cross a small reef shark!  Or should I say it happened upon us.  Being my first time swimming with a shark I was too excited to even think about taking a picture until it swam away.

Well I think that about catches you up with the latest and greatest that's happening in my life.  The remainder of this month should be quite enjoyable. Two birthdays on the boat including my own!  And we're not expecting another guest till the beginning of February.
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!
A belated happy holidays to everyone back home!

KB

1 comment:

  1. love the intro to this blog evan! enticing. can't wait to have an adventure out in the deep blue ken! love you
    -darci

    ReplyDelete