Slooplayla.blogspot.com is pleased to present a new incarnation, the better to follow a new adventure from near or far.

In early November, our dear friends mister Kenneth B. and miss Darci D. boarded a plane (or three) bound for the Hawaiian Islands. Unable to handle the cold, they chose to get out of the freezer.

So, for an indefinite number of months, the duo will wait out the Pacific Northwest winter by pursuing and intertwining their respective passions of scuba diving and organic farming.

As the fingers endowed to format this page, I'm sure I type for all of us when I write that we wish Darc and Ken all things good and harmonious and warm, and that we eagerly await pictures and details of the fun.

The Next Chapter:

Thank you all for the comments on the posts so far. Each bit of encouragement is noted and greatly appreciated!

News, Updates, Notes

NEWS, UPDATES, NOTES

11/03/11
Safe arrival on Hawaii.


Thursday, July 01, 2010

Anticipating the 4th

   We have now been comfortably anchored in Fisherman Bay for 5 days.  With the 4th only three days away the bay is filling with large boats from as far south as California to the local northern waters of BC. 

         
         (She's for sale)
With the fireworks set to go off right in front of us we have decided not to give up our coveted moarage and sit tight in anticipation for the 4th of July and the festivities that fallow. (a town bbq and parade). 
    Just short of a week on the island of Lopez, this town is becoming familiar to me. I have located all the resources necessary to stay a while, (Ie showers, laundry, pump out, ect) and i'm comfortable.  It's amazing how easy it is to slip into a small community such as this and feel welcome.  I hope I will be able to get a feeling such as this for all the small towns I visit in my travels.
   We are expecting a little company this weekend, and by "little" I mean Darci Duncan size!  She is scheduled to arrive by ferry/bike tomorrow morning.  Evan and I are both looking forward to seeing a familiar face, and it looks like everything is lining up to make a fantastic 4th of July!

Cheers,
KB 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment