Slooplayla.blogspot.com is pleased to present a new incarnation, the better to follow a new adventure from near or far.

In early November, our dear friends mister Kenneth B. and miss Darci D. boarded a plane (or three) bound for the Hawaiian Islands. Unable to handle the cold, they chose to get out of the freezer.

So, for an indefinite number of months, the duo will wait out the Pacific Northwest winter by pursuing and intertwining their respective passions of scuba diving and organic farming.

As the fingers endowed to format this page, I'm sure I type for all of us when I write that we wish Darc and Ken all things good and harmonious and warm, and that we eagerly await pictures and details of the fun.

The Next Chapter:

Thank you all for the comments on the posts so far. Each bit of encouragement is noted and greatly appreciated!

News, Updates, Notes

NEWS, UPDATES, NOTES

11/03/11
Safe arrival on Hawaii.


Monday, July 05, 2010

Independence Day and My Hiatus

Well, friends, the last two weeks have been both an indescribable experience and nothing like I expected. Now, late on this fifth of July, I find myself back on the mainland wishing Ken an excellent voyage until I may return.

Last night the fireworks lit Fisherman Bay up like a lantern; hype put forth by the Lopez Island locals was not understated. One organizer even told me that funding difficulties made this one of the shortest shows in years, but it was still the best I have ever seen, an hour in time that I cherish and hope to relive.

After a superb glass blowing demonstration we noticed that the western clouds were luminescent and faint booms were audible from Friday Harbor, which prompted Ken, Darci and me to make way for the dinghy and return to Layla for the Lopez show.

At half past ten we enjoyed some apple pie, drinks, and a hell of a lot of fireworks. I do believe that the Fisherman Bay show will be my priority on July 4 every year.

Now, as to why your humble correspondent is no longer on the islands, a mere two weeks after embarking. Truly, it is difficult for me to adequately explain. As you may have gathered from my last post, I have been doing a lot of introspection, compounded with some personal struggles I will not detail. I hope to rejoin the crew before long, but my choice now is to be home and work on my sanity.

Of course, keep posted on Ken's updates which will continue to flow (complete with some great fireworks photos), and I will do my part to keep updating as I am involved.

~e.w.

No comments:

Post a Comment