Slooplayla.blogspot.com is pleased to present a new incarnation, the better to follow a new adventure from near or far.

In early November, our dear friends mister Kenneth B. and miss Darci D. boarded a plane (or three) bound for the Hawaiian Islands. Unable to handle the cold, they chose to get out of the freezer.

So, for an indefinite number of months, the duo will wait out the Pacific Northwest winter by pursuing and intertwining their respective passions of scuba diving and organic farming.

As the fingers endowed to format this page, I'm sure I type for all of us when I write that we wish Darc and Ken all things good and harmonious and warm, and that we eagerly await pictures and details of the fun.

The Next Chapter:

Thank you all for the comments on the posts so far. Each bit of encouragement is noted and greatly appreciated!

News, Updates, Notes

NEWS, UPDATES, NOTES

11/03/11
Safe arrival on Hawaii.


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home in sight

    The last two weeks have been quite eventfull like my entire summer and I appologise for my neglect of this blog.  This post will be void of pictures, short and sweet, but I hope to fallow it up with a full langth, photo filled post in the next few days.

    After walking Josh to the ferry landing I headed back down the appropriatly named Ferry rd.Once again contemplating my next move.  From my last corespondence with Mom and Dad, I gathered  they were not able to find a camping spot and were now aiming for the fallowing week.
  I barily made it into town before I got another call from Mom, happy to inform me they found a vacation rental in the village and were coming that night! 

    The week of the 13th-20th was as I like to call it, "a vacation from my vacation."  I slept in a solid bed, ate my mom's renound homemade food, and spent a wonderfull week sharing all my favorite places I had found on Lopez with my family.   We had the oppertunity to sail over to Friday Harbor for one day, and my brother David and I took a long overdue trip to a park island named Turn.  A great week was had by all and on the 20th they returned to there home and I returned to mine (layla).

    Now it is the 24th and I am beginning to plan my return trip home for a wedding and some catching up with all.  My ever changing plan as of now is to take the long way and revisit some islands I saw in early spring.  Arriving in Fairhaven around the 5th, i hope to spend a week or so home and if no other opportunities arise I will be back on the islands in no time to finish up this unforgettable summer and develop a plan for winter.  This time I'll bring a bike.
 
  Lopez has become my port of choice and I would without question consider it "home port" for this summer.  The longer I've been here the more comfortable I have become.  I've met tons of new people each one strange and interesting as the next.  I am looking forward to seeing Fairhaven and all the friends that I love so much, but I will miss Lopez and I plan to return sooner than later.

See you soon,

KB



 

No comments:

Post a Comment